You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
- Known Issues
Special Sign In
- Log in to LearnJCU
We refer to ePortfolios as an electronically stored collection of experiences, achievements, and artefacts, together with the reflections of one's learning.
An ePortfolio may assist you with personal development by providing a single, organised repository.
Benefits of ePortfolios
ePortfolios can assist you, to:
- Develop a holistic overview of your learning, experiences, development and beyond individual subjects and classes
- Understand your learning and experience in terms of graduate attributes and employability skills
- Extract evidence to represent your earning and achievements, for example, to develop selection criteria responses
- Identify skill gaps through review and reflection on your ePortfolio content, and
- Plan and set personal development targets.
ePortfolios can assist educators
- Gain deeper more rounded insight into your understanding, and
- Enable the provision of rich individualised academic advice.
PebblePad is an ePortfolio tool available to all staff and students via LearnJCU.
It provides a personal learning space for students to organise, share and present records of learning and experience in the form of an ePortfolio, as well as, a continuous record of development as learners and professionals.
Educators can create resources, such as:
- Structured forms (templates)
- Workbooks (collections of templates).
Students can then create:
- ePortfolios as part of the assessment for that subject (e.g. clinical placement, work integration learning, course learning outcomes and graduate attributes).
Key Elements in PebblePad
Pebble+ is the Personal Learning Space that provides students with space to record and make sense of learning experiences, both academic and personal. Records of learning become assets which can be combined in personalised presentations such as an e-portfolio to reflect growth, knowledge and capability over time.
ATLAS is the part of PebblePad used for organising and supporting assessment and feedback. It can be used by teachers to organise students into groups, provide resources for completing assessment tasks, set up Assignments where students can submit their work and provide informal and formal feedback on submitted assets.
- An asset is anything you create in Pebble+ or upload to Pebble+
- Assets are typically records of student learning, achievements or aspirations
- Assets can be tagged with keywords to make them searchable and discoverable
- They can be structured (e.g. plans, experiences, reflections, talents) or freeform (e.g. posts)
- Can be collected and presented for a particular purpose (eg. employment e-portfolio)
- Can be private, shared with others, or shared with the world (published to the web).
- Are fillable web pages (templates) or collections of fillable web pages (workbooks) built to support a particular learning task
- Templates and workbooks are typically created by teachers and made available to students to complete over time as a record of learning development and achievement (eg. clinical placement log).
- A space created when a LearnJCU subject site is linked to PebblePad
- Used for managing students’ PebblePad activity in a subject
- Used for making resources available to students to support a particular activity
- Used for viewing submitted assessment, giving feedback and grading.
- Accessible only to its managers and members.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture