LearnJCU LearnJCU Help Guides PebblePad - ePortfolios How to use PebblePad
How to use PebblePad
- Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders in Marine Science
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Reputation and Experience
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anthropological Laboratory for Tropical Audiovisual Research (ALTAR)
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- JCU Aquaculture Solutions
- AusAsian Mental Health Research Group
- Area 61
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- JCU-CSIRO Partnership
- Employability Edge
- Career Ready Plan
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- WHOCC for N&M Education and Research
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Cyclone Testing Station
- The Centre for Disaster Studies
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Research Division
- Services and Resources Division
- Education Division
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Environmental Research Complex [ERC]
- Financial and Business Services Office
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Engagement
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Inherent Requirements
- IsoTropics Geochemistry Lab
- IT Services
- International Schools
- International Students
- Research and Innovation Services
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Events
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Ideas Lab
- JCU Job Ready
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- JCU Turtle Health Research
- Language and Culture Research Centre
LearnJCU Help Guides
- Access Alternative Formats
- Activity Stream
- Assessment Advice
- Class Conversations
- Collaborate - Online Classes
- Discussion Boards
- Group Conversations
- Help in LearnJCU
- LearnJCU Calendar
- Multi-Factor Authentication
- Mobile Learning Apps
- PebblePad - ePortfolios
- Respondus FAQs for Students
- Respondus - Online Exams
- Troubleshooting Access
- Video Assignments
- Videos in LearnJCU
- Welcome Page in LearnJCU
- Learning Online
- Known Issues
- LearnJCU Support
- Special Sign In
- LearnJCU Login
- LearnJCU Help Guides
- Mabo Decision: 30 years on
- National Reconciliation Week
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Virtual Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to university
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Contextual Science for Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
- State of the Tropics
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Student profiles
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Pebble+ is your private, secure personal online learning space.
You can create records of learning, experience and achievement by noting your reflections and showcasing your knowledge, skills and attributes.
Structured resources are on hand to prompt and guide you.
PebblePad is an ePortfolio tool available to all staff and students via LearnJCU.
Lecturers can provide a PebblePad link within the Subject Content, this will allow students direct access to their PebblePad dashboards at the time of need.
Otherwise, students can also find it in 'Books & Tools' in the left-hand menu of your subject site under 'Details & Actions'.
In subject sites still using 'Original' view, the PebblePad link can be found in 'Tools' in the left-hand menu.
Templates and workbooks (YouTube 49 secs)
Learn how to create a resource and what happens when you complete a response.
Get creative (YouTube 1.28 min)
Get creative in PebblePad with Pages, Portfolios, Blogs, Logs and Collections.
Sharing with others (YouTube 1.04 min)
Everything in PebblePad is private unless shared - learn more on sharing your assets.
How to add links and format text (YouTube 59 secs)
Formatting text is a great way to personalise your assets in PebblePad.
Using templates and workbooks provided by your lecturer (PDF 176KB)
Learn how to locate, use and edit a workbook or template in PebblePad.
Submitting an assignment in PebblePad
If you're using PebblePad for an assessment in a subject you'll need to submit your assignment to PebblePad rather than LearnJCU for marking.
Viewing feedback on assignments in PebblePad
Feedback on assessment submitted to PebblePad can be viewed using the ATLAS link.
As video files are often too large to be easily uploaded and viewed in PebblePad. An easy solution is to first upload your video to a service like YouTube or Vimeo then link to the video in PebblePad.
I get a blank screen when I click the Pebble+ link in my LearnJCU site?
PebblePad opens in a new browser window and you will need to allow pop-ups so that Pebble+ can open.
Can I take the assets I created in Pebble+ with me after I graduate?
Yes, you can enable an alumni account which offers free, lifetime access to PebblePad including the assets you created at JCU.