Apply now

HDR student resources

Higher Degree by Research students, please note your points of contact for the following enquiries:

  • Enrolment enquiries - Graduate Research School
  • Academic issues to do with your project and thesis - Your advisors
  • All other enquiries related to the administration of your degrees or resources for your research - Academic Services Officer,

The College Office

The main points of contact for any administrative enquiries related to your research are located on the 1st floor of Education Central Building 134, Room 108 in Townsville and Building A4, Room 129 in Cairns.

College Academic Services Officers for Higher Degree Research Students

Maree Searston – Academic Services Officer, Townsville:; P: 07 4781 4385
Dominique Sandilant – Academic Services Officer, Cairns:; P: 07 4232 1497
You will also be required to visit the Graduate Research School Commencing Students webpage that will provide information on how to get started as a new Higher Degree student.

Information for Travellers

Please follow this step-by-step Travel Package (PDF, 1747 KB) to arrange, book and complete your travel. If you have any specific queries, please email



Funding for CASE Higher Degree by research Candidates (PhD, Master of Philosophy, Doctor of Education)

CASE Expenditure Plan for RTP Minimum Resource Funds   (PDF, 687 KB)

Individual Candidate Accounts – Automatic Allocations

  • Application Form and Process to access automatic allocations (coming soon)

Competitive Pool Funds (for CASE HDR Candidates PhD, Master of Philosophy, Doctor of Education)

A call for applications will be sent to CASE HDR Candidates.