Library Services Client Service Charter
- Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders in Marine Science
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Reputation and Experience
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anthropological Laboratory for Tropical Audiovisual Research (ALTAR)
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre (AgTAC)
- Living on Campus
- How to apply
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- JCU Aquaculture Solutions
- AusAsian Mental Health Research Group
- Area 61
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Boating and Diving
- JCU-CSIRO Partnership
- Employability Edge
- Career Ready Plan
- Careers at JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Cyber Security Hub
- Cyclone Testing Station
- The Centre for Disaster Studies
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Research Division
- Services and Resources Division
- Education Division
- Elite Athletes
- Environmental Research Complex [ERC]
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- General Practice and Rural Medicine
- JC 'U' Orientation
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Art of Academic Writing
- Art of Academic Editing
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Engagement
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Inherent Requirements
- IsoTropics Geochemistry Lab
- IT Services
- International Schools
- International Students
- Research and Innovation Services
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Events
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Ideas Lab
- JCU Job Ready
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- JCU Turtle Health Research
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- One Search
- A-Z Databases
- Journal Articles
- Subject Guides
- Past Exams
- Research Online @ JCU
- Open Access Resources in One Search
- Z39.50 Information for Library Catalogue
- JCU Open eBooks
- LibKey Nomad
- Open Educational Resources (OER)
- Borrow and Renew
- Your Library account
- Interlibrary Loans & Document Supply
- Print and Copy
- Study Room Bookings
- I am a
- Special Collections
- Mabo Decision: 30 years on
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Virtual Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to university
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Contextual Science for Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
- State of the Tropics
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Student profiles
- TropEco for Staff and Students
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- Clinical Psychedelic Research Lab
The purpose of this charter is to communicate the standards of service you can expect from the JCU Library and how you can help to improve services.
What we do
Library Services provides knowledge services to support the University’s high quality education and world-class research through innovative discovery and access to:
- information resources, scholarly and cultural collections;
- learning facilities, and
- library and research services in the physical and virtual environments.
A more detailed description of the Library’s services, resources and training can be found at the Library web site.
As a Library, we are also guided by the following values:
- We encourage the process of learning and the life of the mind.
- We celebrate discourse and discovery.
- We anticipate and contribute to scholarly inquiry.
- We promote the Library as both a virtual and physical learning community.
- We embrace our role as collectors and custodians of the intellectual record.
- We offer an environment that supports creativity, flexibility, and collaboration.
- We develop services to meet the research, teaching and learning needs of our users.
- We evolve to meet the changing information environment.
- We maintain a comfortable, welcoming and secure place for study, research, work, reflection and interaction.
- We provide an environment that is inclusive and diverse.
- We recognise the importance of Library-wide participation.
- We reach out to our user communities.
- We share information and solicit opinions about library services and resources.
Who uses our services
Our services are provided primarily to JCU students and staff; and to other libraries. Other users include: prospective students and staff; JCU alumni; the community; the University’s partners, and other stakeholders.
What we will do and what we ask you to do
Library Services staff will:
We ask you to:
How we measure our performance
The Library conducts client satisfaction surveys on a regular basis and reports back on actions taken. Our performance is measured against a set of Operating Performance Targets (OPT) monitored by Library management. We also use a comprehensive set of statistics reported to the Council of Australian University Librarians to benchmark our performance against other university libraries.
How you can assist us to improve library services
You can provide constructive feedback including: