Library information for new staff
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Arts, Society and Education
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- One Search
- A-Z Databases
- Books, DVDs & More
- Journal Articles
- Subject Guides
- Past Exams
- Research Online @ JCU
- Open Access Resources
- Subject Guides
- Online Information Skills Training
- LinkedIn Learning
- Endnote Library Guide
- Copyright - About the JCU Copyright section
- Copyright Officer for the University
- For Undergraduate Students
- For Postgraduate Students
- For Lecturers
- Copyright - Fair Dealing
- ePortfolios & Copyright
- Copyright, the Internet and Music
- Copyright - Creative Commons
- Copyright - Creating Works
- Copyright Warning Notices for Staff
- Copyright Acronyms and Terminology
- ResearchOnline@JCU - Copyright
- Helpful Copyright Links and Resources
- The Learning Centre
- Referencing Library Guide
- Annotated Bibliography
- Literature Reviews
- I am a
- Special Collections
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Welcome to your Library
See your Library Liaison Contact for a personal orientation to JCU Library and Information Services and learn how the Library can support your teaching and research.
Finding journals and other publications held at JCU
- Start with One Search on the Library Home Page – searches across databases, ejournals and the Library’s print collections (with a small number of exceptions)
- Browse Library Guides
- To find key resources for your discipline
- Subject code guides for assessment specific support
- How to guides, including Referencing
- The InfoHelp service offers face-to-face and online assistance to students and staff searching and accessing resources for research, in addition to referencing (including EndNote support), and first tier IT support.
Ordering publications and other Library resources and requesting reserve items/course readings
- Use the Suggest a Purchase Request Form to request new Library materials.
- Our "reserve" system for course readings is Readings. Use the Readings guide to construct your reading lists and link to LearnJCU. Remember, if you need material digitised, you will need to give the library plenty of advance notice.
- Put physical items for students on Short Term Loan
- Submit an interlibrary loan Document Delivery Request for books and articles not available at JCU.
General Library information
- Your Library is open days, evenings and weekends. Check out Library opening hours and Library locations/spaces.
- Borrow items from your Library. Your staff card is your library borrowing card.
- Intercampus Service – access items on different campuses.
- Off Campus Service – find out what services we offer to off campus students and staff, including free postage for lending books.
- Copyright – check for up to date copyright information for teaching and learning.
- Keep current – subscribe to Library News, the New Books List, join the Library’s social media sites.
- Give us your feedback and suggestions.
Digital and information literacy skills
- Lifelong learning is a quality encouraged in the Graduate Attributes instilled in our students
- The Workshops and Training page includes information on face-to-face and online sessions. In addition to face-to-face training, have an extensive selection of "How To" guides and guides developed for specific subject areas (offering search tips and recommended databases), which can be searched from the search box on the home page.
- See your Library Liaison Contact to organise subject-specific tutorials for your students.
- In LearnJCU, you can find a link to the Subject Guide for your area in Books and Tools, under "Your Library".
- Use ResearchOnline@JCU to load and provide free access to your research outputs.
- For more information about publishing academic research, measuring impact, open access publishing, HERDC and ERA refer to the Research Support Guides.
About your Library Liaison contacts
The Library Liaison service assists you with all library and information related matters including (but not limited to):
- Providing subject specific digital and information literacy classes. This can be a lecture or tutorial, an online collaborate session and / or online resources. Classes are usually focused on providing students with the skills to successfully complete the subject assessment tasks.
- Subject specific collection development
- Planning library support for newly developed courses.
- Locating books, journals and other resources held at JCU.
- Purchasing new resources.
- Assisting with requests and advice regarding Readings lists for course readings. All electronically available readings for a subject or course should be in Readings to comply with copyright law.
- Providing assistance with publishing, citation metrics and Research Online@JCU.