Examples of Supporting Documentation

Scholarships @ JCU Examples of Supporting Documentation

Examples of Supporting Documentation

Financial Documents

You need to provide income evidence for everyone who is financially supporting you:

Relocating to Study

If you are moving away to study we will require evidence of where you are moving from:

  • Proof of address is any document/s showing your name, residential address including post code and date of issue. Examples can include school reports, bills, rates notice, or Centrelink letters.
  • Your school should provide a letter confirming residential address history upon request.

You can refer to the Remoteness area definition as indicated by the Government.


If you have indicated that you have children and are supporting financially them, we will require evidence as follows:

  • Birth certificate, Passport or Citizenship certificate
  • Proof of custody or guardianship (Medicare card or Centrelink statement)
  • Recent Centrelink statement showing children
  • Medical report – which must include the nature, of your condition, ongoing,

Extenuating Circumstances

If you feel you have extenuating circumstances that you believe may have an effect on your ability to study, then you must provide a written statement that explains your personal situation.  This must also include supporting evidence and be signed by a relevant health or other professional

Disability, long term Injury, Illness or Health Condition

  • Medical report – which must include the nature, of your condition and be signed by a qualified medical/health professional.