Important Information about the City Campus
About the Campus
Location: City Arcade, 383 Flinders Street, Townsville
Phone: 07 4781 4040
Hours: Welcome Lounge open 9:00am to 5:00pm | Monday to Friday
Levels 2, 3 and 4 open 7:30am to midnight | Monday to Sunday
Bookable Room ID
Arcade Ground Floor
Carpark - 12 secure spaces available for staff
Collaborative Learning Area
Student Lounge and Study Space
Small Meeting Room
Small Meeting Room
Male and Female Toilets
- A secure lift provides access to the Campus and is located on the ground floor (City Arcade) or level 1 carpark. Visitors should arrange access with the Welcome Lounge (See Access to Campus).
- City Arcade trading hours: Mon to Fri 7:00am to 9:00pm | Sat 8:00am to 6:00pm | Sun 9:00am to 6:00pm
Outside trading hours, access into the JCU Campus is only available from the Level 1 carpark via Sturt Street. The Arcade ground level is locked preventing entry and exit on this level. Exiting the Campus is via lift to level 1, stairwell to level 1 or stairwell to ground, exiting directly on to Flinders Street.
- Toilets are located on Level 3 and in the stairwell. Security swipe access is required to re-enter the Campus when using the toilets in the stairwell.
- As parking in the CBD is limited, students and visitors are encouraged to use the Townsville City Council's free parking. The closest free carpark is located at Dean Street which is a short 10 minute walk from the campus. The City Arcade Woolworths carpark located alongside the Campus, offers 2 hours free parking. After this time parking rates apply. This car park is not managed by JCU. Enquiries should be made to www.pripark.com.au . Disabled parking bays are located on level 1 carpark.
- Evacuation diagrams are located on each floor. Further information can be found by viewing the Emergency Evacuation Procedures. The Event organiser is responsible for ensuring all participants have an understanding of the Emergency Evacuation procedures.
Access to Campus Including Secure Staff Carpark
BUSINESS, COMMUNITY GROUPS, VISITORS AND CATERERS
- Access can be arranged by contacting the Client Services Officers at the Welcome Lounge
- Security swipe cards are required to access the Campus and can be left in the Access Card Return Boxes located on Levels 3 and 4 at the completion of an event. Swipe access is not required to exit the building
- The event organiser is required to arrange and coordinate access for all participants, guests and caterers
- A staff ID is required to access all levels and the secure staff carpark
- Staff requiring students to have access to level 4 should email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of the class list
- A student ID card is required to access levels 2 and 3. Students cannot access the secure carpark
- Student ID cards are available from the Student Enquiry Centre, Douglas Campus
- All catering supplies including tea and coffee are to be supplied by the event organiser
- Level 3 kitchen includes 2 bar fridges, 1 microwave, a dishwasher and a hot/cold water dispenser(cutlery and crockery is not available on level 3)
- Level 4 kitchen includes a catering fridge, 2 bar fridges, 3 microwaves, an oven/cooktop, dishwasher, hot/ cold water dispenser, cutlery and crockery (NOTE: No cooking utensils are provided)
- Approval for alcohol consumption prior to an event is required and must comply with the Alcohol Consumption on University Property Policy and Procedure
Set up and Cleaning
- Air Conditioning operates on a timer system. Notices are located within the Campus identifying the after-hours buttons.
- Equipment and furniture should be returned to original position and whiteboards left free of text.
- Signage on walls at the ground floor entrance and level 1 carpark is not permitted by the Centre ís Management. A-frames are available on request to display notices.
- All material and stationery are to be supplied by the Event Organiser.
- Kitchen/s and meeting spaces are to be left clean and tidy by the event organiser. Kitchenware should be cleaned in dishwasher and catering platters removed from the Campus. A fee may be imposed to cover cleaning costs if the space is left untidy.
- Waste including leftover food should be placed in rubbish bins. Bins are provided on each level. Seafood must be double bagged and disposed of directly into the industrial rubbish bin (located in the Woolworths carpark adjacent to level 1 carpark).
- See links below for virtual rooms and equipment user guides
Important Note: video conferencing is only available in Boardroom and Moot Court on Level 4
- If you are not a JCU Student or Staff member you can book rooms by emailing email@example.com and video conferencing by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- JCU staff book rooms and videoconferencing through the web room booker
- Printing and scanning facilities are available on Level 3 for staff and students
Mobile or External Phone 000
Internal Phone, dial 0 for an outside line, then 000
Townsville City Campus Manager
Report any non-technical issues
4232 1214 (Internal Ext 21214)
Access and general enquiries
4781 4040 (Internal Ext 14040)
Request/Check/Confirm bookings and request AV services if required
JCU Staff ñ Book online at Web Room Booker
Non JCU Bookings ñ Request a booking by emailing email@example.com
Any security issues or concerns
Emergencies 4781 5555 (Internal Ext 15555)
General 4781 6000 (Internal Ext 16000) firstname.lastname@example.org
AV Technical support
4781 4643 (Internal Ext 14643)
Cleaning related issues
Facilities Management Office