How to apply

  1. Check your eligibility for a Higher Degree by Research at JCU.
  2. Do you have a research project and a Primary Advisor in mind that you would like to work with?  If not you will need these before you apply.  Please Search for Projects, and view the Register of Advisors to assist you with this.
  3. Make contact with your preferred Advisor to confirm they agree to take on the role.  Simply approach them by email.  You can complete the expression of interest for a Higher Degree by Research to accompany the email if you prefer.
  4. Once your prospective Advisor has agreed to take on the role, complete APP-FORM-01 Higher Degree by Research Application Form with your prospective Advisor(s) and ensure that you have the required documentation ready.
  5. Select your course from the Research Degrees page.  Go to 'Apply Now' on the course webpage and follow prompts for the online application process under 'My Course Applications.' If you are applying for a scholarship, your scholarship application must also be submitted via the online system under 'My Scholarship Applications.'
  6. Send the link for submission of Referee Reports to your two nominated referees.  These should be referees who are able to provide information about you in an academic or professional context, such as previous research advisors/supervisors, lecturers, teachers or employers.