You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
For HDR Advisors
HDR Advisors Training Program
Resources and Support
- Research Education Sub-Committee and Executive
- Advisor Handbook
- Principles for Respectful Supervisory Relationships
- HDR Advisors Training Program
- Workshops & Training
- Policy & Procedure
- Research Excellence
- Contact Us
Graduate Research School iThenticate
What is iThenticate?
iThenticate is a web-based program that allows you to check your written work for similarity to other published works. The program compares text in uploaded documents to an extensive database of web pages and scholarly content.
Using iThenticate can help you:
- Avoid inadvertent plagiarism
- Prevent copyright issues from excessive use of your own or others’ text
- Comply with the Australian Code for Responsible Conduct of Research (2007)
- Develop your writing and research integrity practices
iThenticate is available to HDR Candidates and Research Staff at many universities in Australia already, and its use is becoming widely viewed as standard practice for researchers and thesis examiners worldwide.
How do I get access to iThenticate?
Access is automatically maintained via the JCU Central Authentication Service. Every HDR candidate with a current enrolment will be able to use the iThenticate program.
If you are a HDR Advisor you can request access to iThenticate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org