JCU Cairns, Nguma-bada Campus Parking
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Campus Services
- Space, Timetabling and Room Bookings
- Information for Consultants and Contractors
- Major Project Information
- Townsville Campus Master Plan
- Cairns Master Plan 2019
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Burketown MICRRH Remote Housing
- Information for Contractors
- Campus Maintenance
- Newsletters & Reports
- About Us
- Contact Us
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Yearly and half-yearly parking permits are now available for both JCU Townsville, Bebegu Yumba, Douglas and JCU Cairns, Nguma-bada, Smithfield campuses in 2021. Please carefully consider your study and/or work pattern when deciding if a permit is right for you. Casual paid parking may be more suitable to you. Please note that parking permit payments will not be refundable in 2021.
Free and permit parking is available on campus. Find out more about where the designated areas are on the JCU Cairns Nguma-bada campus, Smithfield parking map (PDF, 433 KB).
Peak parking demand occurs during early semester and the availability of parking spaces is limited during this period.
Campus visitors are encouraged to make use of public transport, cycling and carpooling to reduce parking pressure during these peak demand times.
Full-year and half-year permit parking
The vPermit (virtual permit) system is available for JCU staff and students, and other affiliated personnel who wish to park their vehicles at the JCU Cairns, Nguma-bada campus, Smithfield.
Full year permits cover the calendar year January to December, while half-year permits cover January to June, and July to December.
vPermit eliminates the need for paper and sticker permits and will be available online.
Staff and students who wish to park in a permit area but do not wish to purchase a vPermit may opt to pay for parking per visit on a casual basis (see below).
Drivers who wish to park in a permit area but do not wish to purchase a vPermit may opt to pay for per-visit parking on a casual basis.
CellOPark is a free and easy to use app which allows users to set up their own account and pay for parking quickly and easily, eliminating the need to display paper tickets. Vehicle registration is recorded when you start a parking session.
Alternatively, casual parking fees can be paid using the Pay-by-Plate Machine located on campus.
Failure to activate a paid parking session may incur a parking infringement.
Parking enquiries may be forwarded by email to email@example.com.