What is RiskWare?
RiskWare is JCU's online system for:
- Enterprise Risk Management, including recording, assessing and managing business risks, and
- Work Health and Safety Risk Management, including reporting and managing incidents, injuries and hazards.
Accessible from any computer with internet access, RiskWare is an intuitive system for staff and students to report and manage risks and incidents in real-time. It can also produce comprehensive reports for managing risk across JCU, provide corrective treatment and action plans, and record actions taken to reduce risk. Relevant staff will receive automated email notification of corrective treatments and actions.
RiskWare does not diminish a supervisor's responsibility to manage reported events, and does not eliminate the need for managers and their staff to discuss circumstances and implement corrective actions that are applicable to incidents, injuries or identified hazards.
pocketSafety App – Report Incidents on your Smart Device Instantly
Report hazards, incidents and near misses with real time notification to the responsible person using your smart phone or device.
It's important to be able to submit incidents as they occur, are witnessed or are observed. This Pocket Safety App allows you to capture photos, immediate information and statements about the incident at the time of occurrence.
This App mirrors the JCU online Risk Management System – RiskWare for reporting hazards, incidents and near misses.
See reference guide (PDF, 381 KB) to download from the App Store or Google Play
Before using RiskWare
- You should watch the RiskWare induction videos* and contact the Work Health and Safety Unit if you have any questions.
- You should also download and read the RiskWare User Guide (PDF, 2274 KB)
- Download and read the Field Trip Module User Guide (PDF, 1494 KB)
To access and use RiskWare, staff and students must first authenticate using their JCU username and password.
|Log in to RiskWare|
*Note, not all staff are required to watch the ERM module; if this module is applicable to your role at JCU, you will be issued formal notification by email.