You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- Report an Accident, Incident or Hazard
Injury and Illness Management
- Policies, Guidelines and Forms
Training and Induction
- Field Trips
Work Health and Safety Injury and Illness Management
Work injury and illness management
Injury and illness prevention
JCU is committed to fostering a workplace culture that promotes positive health and wellbeing. Injury and illness prevention is a conscious effort to prevent and/or reduce the severity of an injury or illness before it occurs.
A range of injury and illness prevention initiatives are offered by the Health, Safety and Environment Unit, including:
- Ergonomic workstation assessments
- Employee Assistance Program
- Funded annual influenza vaccinations for all staff
- Manual handling assessment and training
The Health, Safety and Environment Unit will soon complement these initiatives with:
- Health surveillance
- Health information fact sheets
Injury and illness management at JCU
- What is injury and illness management?
- What injury and illness management services are provided to JCU staff?
- What is Workplace Rehabilitation?
- What happens if I'm involved in a work-related incident or injury?
- What happens if I'm involved in a non-work related incident or injury?
Please do not hesitate to contact the Health, Safety and Environment Unit for further information or assistance:
Injury Prevention and Management Advisor
Phone (07) 4781 6182