You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- Report an Accident, Incident or Hazard
Injury and Illness Management
- Policies, Guidelines and Forms
Training and Induction
- Field Trips
What is injury and illness management?
The term injury and illness management is used to describe the range of services provided to JCU employees who may have a work-related and/or non-work related injury or illness within the workplace.
Part of these services include advice and support for supervisors developing return-to-work strategies to ensure the employee is able to safely and efficiently return to work.
Whether returning to work after a non-work related illness, or recovering at work with a work-related injury, the JCU Injury Prevention and Management Advisor is able to assist. The Injury Prevention and Management Advisor visits both the Cairns and Townsville campuses and is also available by arrangement for other JCU campuses.
Injury and illness management at JCU
- What is injury and illness management?
- What injury and illness management services are provided to JCU staff?
- What is Workplace Rehabilitation?
- What happens if I'm involved in a work-related incident or injury?
- What happens if I'm involved in a non-work related incident or injury?
Please do not hesitate to contact the Health, Safety and Environment Unit for further information or assistance:
Injury Prevention and Management Advisor
Phone (07) 4781 6182