You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- About JCUPartner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- JCU Connect
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Media & Comms
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
- About JCU
Help and Support
- Accounts and passwords
- Bring your own device
- Computer labs
- Eduroam WiFi
- Email and O365
- IT Help Desk
- Collaboration Tools
- Mobiles and telephony
- Secure IT
- Videoconferencing and audiovisual
Work from home
- Choosing a strong Password
- Data Protection
- Device Security
- Email Safety
- Online Security at Home
- Web Safety
- Malware and Virus Protection
- Keep a clean device
- Protect myself from phishing
- Recover a hacked or compromised account
- Protect your digital reputation
- Report a cybersecurity incident
- Password Manager
- ICT Service Catalog
Mobile Phone and Wireless Data Information
James Cook University has contracted Telstra to supply and connect our mobile telephony and data services.
Plans for Mobile Services
Mobile Phone Plan - $40 per month
This plan includes $40 call allowance and 200MB data allowance
Mobile Data Services Plan - $35 per month
This plan includes 5GB data allowance
What Types of Devices are Available & How Much Do They Cost?
Refer to ServiceNow to view what's available for purchase. To see device options select the type of device you wish to order under Description of goods to be ordered. Select the drop-down list under Choose device to display the options. You can view accessories by clicking in the box under Accessories.
Purchasing Mobile Equipment & Services
To purchase mobile handsets and accessories, mobile data devices and accessories or request a SIM card, please complete the Requisition for Mobile Services Form via ServiceNow.
Checking Your Usage
Before you travel overseas email firstname.lastname@example.org to check if your mobile device has International Roaming enabled. International Roaming is not included in our standard plans.
Using data while overseas will cost you $3 per MB. There are International Roaming packs and plans available to help you manage call charges and data rates. The link below has some important information that you should read before travelling.
If you are overseas and require assistance please call the International Helpdesk +61 439125109.
Support for Mobile Phones
The IT Service Delivery staff can offer support for mobile telephony that is purchased as part of the JCU Corporate Fleet with Telstra. Support is not offered for privately owned mobiles or work mobiles that are not purchased as part of the JCU Telstra Fleet. If you require assistance please log an IT service request through JCU Service Now or email ITHelpdesk@jcu.edu.au.
Contact email@example.com for advice if you are having problems with equipment that is not working properly and is still under warranty. Please ensure you have disabled the 'Find My Phone' feature before sending for repair.
Unfortunately, if you drop your phone and the screen cracks it will void the warranty. You will need to arrange to have the repair done through a local repairer.
Lost or Stolen Mobile
If your handset is lost or stolen during business hours (8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday) you should immediately contact the ICT Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling x14545 or x13637.
Outside business hours please call Telstra's Service Delivery Team directly on 1800 730 062, option 3, option 5 and they will place a block on the phone number.
Cancellation of any Mobile Service
Please email email@example.com to cancel any services that are no longer required.
Staff Moves & Changes
Staffing changes must be communicated to ICT by logging a job via ServiceNow, this includes:
- Staff moving from one department to another - as these moves often involve a change of account code
- Staff leaving JCU where service is no longer required
- Staff leaving JCU and the device is going to be used by another staff member
- Staff leaving JCU who wish to transfer their mobile service number to a private account
If ICT are not advised of the charges the mobile service will remain active and the monthly charges will continue.
Leaving JCU & Want to Take Your Phone Number With You?
If you are leaving JCU and intend taking your mobile phone number with you, email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice. ICT will provide the necessary paperwork that will allow you to transfer your mobile number off the JCU Corporate Account.
Mobile Phone Recycling
If you have any questions you can email email@example.com or phone ICT Office on x14545 or x13637.
- James Cook University
- Bachelor of Advanced Science
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Biomedical Sciences
- Bachelor of Business
- Bachelor of Business / Laws
- Bachelor of Business & Environmental Science
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Early Childhood Education
- Bachelor of Primary Education
- Bachelor of Secondary Education
- Bachelor of Environmental Practice
- Bachelor of Geology
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Laws
- Bachelor of Nursing Science (External)
- Bachelor of Midwifery
- Bachelor of Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Planning
- Bachelor of Psychological Science
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Social Work
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology
- Bachelor of Sport & Exercise Science
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
- Bachelor of Clinical Sciences (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours)
- Bachelor of Engineering / Science (Honours) MBA in Tourism
- Master of Public Health and Tropical Medicine
- Master of Data Science
- Bachelor of Sports Psychology
- Bachelor of Marine Science
- Bachelor of Medicine / Surgery
- Bachelor of Nursing Science [Pre-Registration]
- Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (Honours)
- Bachelor of Psychology
- Master of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Graduate Certificate of Conflict Management & Resolution
- Master of Global Development
- Master of International Tourism & Hospitality Management
- Bachelor of Technology and Innovation
- Bachelor of Science & Bachelor of Laws
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Diploma of Higher Education (Business)
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Business Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Engineering and Applied Science
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in General Studies
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Health
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Information Technology
- Diploma of Higher Education Majoring in Science
- Diploma of Higher Education, Majoring in Society and Culture