Mobile Phone and Wireless Data Information
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Student IT Essentials
- Staff IT Essentials
- Help and Support
- Stay Informed
- Choosing a strong Password
- Data Protection
- Device Security
- Email Safety
- Online Security at Home
- Web Safety
- Malware and Virus Protection
- Keep a clean device
- Protect myself from phishing
- Recover a hacked or compromised account
- Protect your digital reputation
- Report a cybersecurity incident
- Password Manager
- IT Service Catalog
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
James Cook University has contracted Telstra to supply and connect our mobile telephony and data services.
Plans for Mobile Services
Mobile Phone Plan - $40 per month
This plan includes $40 call allowance and 200MB data allowance
Mobile Data Services Plan - $35 per month
This plan includes 5GB data allowance
What Types of Devices are Available & How Much Do They Cost?
Refer to ServiceNow to view what's available for purchase. To see device options select the type of device you wish to order under Description of goods to be ordered. Select the drop-down list under Choose device to display the options. You can view accessories by clicking in the box under Accessories.
Purchasing Mobile Equipment & Services
To purchase mobile handsets and accessories, mobile data devices and accessories or request a SIM card, please complete the Requisition for Mobile Services Form via ServiceNow.
Checking Your Usage
Before you travel overseas email firstname.lastname@example.org to check if your mobile device has International Roaming enabled. International Roaming is not included in our standard plans.
Using data while overseas will cost you $3 per MB. There are International Roaming packs and plans available to help you manage call charges and data rates. The link below has some important information that you should read before travelling.
If you are overseas and require assistance please call the International Helpdesk +61 439125109.
Support for Mobile Phones
The IT Service Delivery staff can offer support for mobile telephony that is purchased as part of the JCU Corporate Fleet with Telstra. Support is not offered for privately owned mobiles or work mobiles that are not purchased as part of the JCU Telstra Fleet. If you require assistance please log an IT service request through JCU Service Now or email ITHelpdesk@jcu.edu.au.
Contact email@example.com for advice if you are having problems with equipment that is not working properly and is still under warranty. Please ensure you have disabled the 'Find My Phone' feature before sending for repair.
Unfortunately, if you drop your phone and the screen cracks it will void the warranty. You will need to arrange to have the repair done through a local repairer.
Lost or Stolen Mobile
If your handset is lost or stolen during business hours (8:30am to 5pm Monday to Friday) you should immediately contact the ICT Office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling x14545 or x13637.
Outside business hours please call Telstra's Service Delivery Team directly on 1800 730 062, option 3, option 5 and they will place a block on the phone number.
Cancellation of any Mobile Service
Please email email@example.com to cancel any services that are no longer required.
Staff Moves & Changes
Staffing changes must be communicated to ICT by logging a job via ServiceNow, this includes:
- Staff moving from one department to another - as these moves often involve a change of account code
- Staff leaving JCU where service is no longer required
- Staff leaving JCU and the device is going to be used by another staff member
- Staff leaving JCU who wish to transfer their mobile service number to a private account
If ICT are not advised of the charges the mobile service will remain active and the monthly charges will continue.
Leaving JCU & Want to Take Your Phone Number With You?
If you are leaving JCU and intend taking your mobile phone number with you, email firstname.lastname@example.org for advice. ICT will provide the necessary paperwork that will allow you to transfer your mobile number off the JCU Corporate Account.
Mobile Phone Recycling
If you have any questions you can email email@example.com or phone ICT Office on x14545 or x13637.