You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Help and Support
- Choosing a strong Password
- Data Protection
- Device Security
- Email Safety
- Online Security at Home
- Web Safety
- Malware and Virus Protection
- Keep a clean device
- Protect myself from phishing
- Recover a hacked or compromised account
- Protect your digital reputation
- Report a cybersecurity incident
- Password Manager
- ICT Service Catalog
Report a cybersecurity incident
If you are a staff or student at James Cook University, the Cyber Security Policy requires you to report any cyber security incidents.
Reporting of incidents goes a long way to protecting staff and student identities, data and reputation and may significantly reduce the potential for damage to the university and its staff and students by allowing the incident to be brought under control as quickly as possible.
Incidents can include unauthorised system access (hacking), password compromise, malware (viruses etc.), phishing and ransomware attacks, denial of service attacks, website defacement and data breaches.
To report an incident, you should contact the IT Help Desk immediately and provide whatever information you are aware of based on:
- What you observed or know of about the incident
- Dates and times
- People and places involved
- Any impact you are aware of
- Any other background information.