You and Your CourseOpportunities
Research and Teaching
Our ResearchResearch Degrees
Partners and Community
Partner with JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Open Day
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Help and Support
- Choosing a strong Password
- Data Protection
- Device Security
- Email Safety
- Online Security at Home
- Web Safety
- Malware and Virus Protection
- Keep a clean device
- Protect myself from phishing
- Recover a hacked or compromised account
- Protect your digital reputation
- Report a cybersecurity incident
- Password Manager
- ICT Service Catalog
O365: Email, One Drive and Office
Office 365 (O365) is the online suite of Microsoft software available to current James Cook University (JCU) staff and students. From O365, staff and students can access JCU Email, OneDrive, Office applications, Skype for Business and so much more.
Check back frequently, we will be releasing new guides for JCU as new software becomes available in O365.
- Student Email @ JCU is accessed via Outlook Web App for Students,
- Login using email@example.com and your normal JCU password.
- Staff Email @ JCU is accessed via Outlook Web App for Staff
- Login using firstname.lastname@example.org and your normal JCU password.
- Guidelines and Policies
- Email Setup for Mobiles
Installing O365 Apps
Installing O365 on personal computers is simple, login to portal.office.com with your JCU email address and password and click on the "Install Office" button and select "Office 365 Apps" from the drop-down menu or open on your phone with Office for Mobiles.
Please note: JCU staff should only install Office on their JCU owned computers via the App Catalogue/Software Center.
- The Teams Quick Start Guide has all the basic information needed for new Microsoft Teams users, how to log in, basic features and navigating the Teams Window, it's a great place to start.
- If you are a Team Owner there are a few extra things you need to know, make sure you have read the Team Owners Guide before requesting a Microsoft Team.
- Consider Microsoft Planner for Teams if you need to create a basic task list for your Team to help keep small projects on track.
Skype for Business
- Quick Start Guide: Skype for Business (Win) - The basics for getting started with Skype for Business (Win)
- Quick Start Guide: Skype for Business (Mac) - The basics for getting started with Skype for Business (Mac)
- Skype for Business: External Contacts - How to add external (non-JCU) contacts in Skype for Business
- Quick Guide to OneDrive for Windows @ JCU
- Quick Guide to OneDrive for Mac @ JCU
- OneDrive for Business for iOS
- OneDrive for Business for Android
- OneNote is a digital notepad able to be customised and organised just the way you or your team like it. Available for both Apple Mac and Windows desktops and mobile devices.
- Looking for a place your Team can have a quick chat online, share files for comment or highlight great work practices, Yammer might be just what you are looking for! Find out more about using Yammer in the Quick Start Guide or review the responsibilities of a Yammer Owner.
- Need to create a professional looking form to send out to JCU staff or students? Then this quick guide to Microsoft Forms will give you the basic information you need.
- Capture images from whiteboards, written notes and business cards with the handy Office Lens app for iPhones and Androids and import to OneNote or your Camera Roll for review.