O365: Email, One Drive and Office
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Student IT Essentials
- Staff IT Essentials
- Help and Support
- Stay Informed
- Choosing a strong Password
- Data Protection
- Device Security
- Email Safety
- Online Security at Home
- Web Safety
- Malware and Virus Protection
- Data Protection
- Keep a clean device
- Protect myself from phishing
- Recover a hacked or compromised account
- Protect your digital reputation
- Report a cybersecurity incident
- Learn about security concepts
- Phish Bowl
- Password Manager
- ICT Service Catalog
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- This is Uni
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Office 365 (O365) is the online suite of Microsoft software available to current James Cook University (JCU) staff and students. From O365, staff and students can access JCU Email, OneDrive, Office applications, and more.
Check back frequently, we will be releasing new guides for JCU as new software becomes available in O365.
- Student Email @ JCU is accessed via Outlook Web App for Students,
- Login using email@example.com and your normal JCU password.
- Staff Email @ JCU is accessed via Outlook Web App for Staff
- Login using firstname.lastname@example.org and your normal JCU password.
- Guidelines and Policies
- Email Setup for Mobiles
Installing O365 Apps
Installing O365 on personal computers is simple, login to portal.office.com with your JCU email address and password and click on the "Install Office" button and select "Office 365 Apps" from the drop-down menu or open on your phone with Office for Mobiles.
Please note: JCU staff should only install Office on their JCU owned computers via the App Catalogue/Software Center.
- The Teams Quick Start Guide has all the basic information needed for new Microsoft Teams users, how to log in, basic features and navigating the Teams Window, it's a great place to start.
- If you are a Team Owner there are a few extra things you need to know, make sure you have read the Team Owners Guide before requesting a Microsoft Team.
- Consider Microsoft Planner for Teams if you need to create a basic task list for your Team to help keep small projects on track.
- Quick Guide to OneDrive for Windows @ JCU
- Quick Guide to OneDrive for Mac @ JCU
- OneDrive for Business for iOS
- OneDrive for Business for Android
- OneNote is a digital notepad able to be customised and organised just the way you or your team like it. Available for both Apple Mac and Windows desktops and mobile devices.
- Looking for a place your Team can have a quick chat online, share files for comment or highlight great work practices, Yammer might be just what you are looking for! Find out more about using Yammer in the Quick Start Guide or review the responsibilities of a Yammer Owner.
- Need to create a professional looking form to send out to JCU staff or students? Then this quick guide to Microsoft Forms will give you the basic information you need.
- Capture images from whiteboards, written notes and business cards with the handy Office Lens app for iPhones and Androids and import to OneNote or your Camera Roll for review.