O365: Email, One Drive and Office
- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Student IT Essentials
- Staff IT Essentials
- Help and Support
- Stay Informed
- Choosing a strong Password
- Data Protection
- Device Security
- Email Safety
- Online Security at Home
- Web Safety
- Malware and Virus Protection
- Keep a clean device
- Protect myself from phishing
- Recover a hacked or compromised account
- Protect your digital reputation
- Report a cybersecurity incident
- Password Manager
- IT Service Catalog
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Office 365 (O365) is the online suite of Microsoft software available to current James Cook University (JCU) staff and students. From O365, staff and students can access JCU Email, OneDrive, Office applications, and more.
Check back frequently, we will be releasing new guides for JCU as new software becomes available in O365.
- Student Email @ JCU is accessed via Outlook Web App for Students,
- Login using firstname.lastname@example.org and your normal JCU password.
- Staff Email @ JCU is accessed via Outlook Web App for Staff
- Login using email@example.com and your normal JCU password.
- Guidelines and Policies
- Email Setup for Mobiles: iOS and Android
- Focussed Inbox for Outlook, available on Mac /Win or iOS / Android
Installing O365 Apps
Installing O365 is simple, either:
- Login to portal.office.com on your personal computer (Win or Mac) and login with your JCU email address and password, click Install Office and select required Office 365 Apps from the drop-down menu or
- Install Office for Mobiles on your phone (iOS or Android).
Please note: JCU staff should only install Office on their JCU owned computers via the App Catalogue/Software Center.
Microsoft Teams (available to JCU Staff by request) is cloud-based collaboration tool that is part of Office 365, it brings together people, documents, conversations, content and tools to make team work easier.
Teams features include:
- audio and video calling
- file sharing and
- team storage.
JCU units of all sizes can use Teams to easily collaborate and achieve their goals using familiar Office applications eg: Word, Excel and OneNote. If you are a Team Owner there are a few extra things you need to know, make sure you have read the Team Owners information before requesting a Microsoft Team.
OneDrive for Business
Microsoft OneDrive for Business is a part of Office 365 (O365) and is your private professional document library. OneDrive for Business is available on Mac, PC, iOS and Android devices.
- JCU staff and students are provided with 5TB of storage space on OneDrive for Business for the duration of their studies/employment.
Microsoft OneNote is a digital note pad allowing the capture of notes, drawings, pictures, meeting minutes, task lists etc. OneNote is part of Office 365 (O365) and is your primary note-taking app while working or studying at JCU. OneNote uses Microsoft Office 365 to store your notebooks in the cloud and is available on Mac, PC, iOS and Android devices.
- JCU staff and students are provided with OneNote for the duration of their studies/employment.
- Looking for a place your Team can have a quick chat online, share files for comment or highlight great work practices, Yammer might be just what you are looking for! Find out more about using Yammer or review the responsibilities of a Yammer Owner.
- Need to create a professional-looking form to send out to JCU staff? Then this quick guide to Microsoft Forms will give you the basic information you need.
- Use Office Lens to save a document or photo to PDF, capture images from whiteboards and written notes, available as part of the Microsoft Office app for iPhones or Android.