Take your teamwork to the next level with technology-based Collaboration tools at JCU. Streamline your work tasks, start a group chat, create an information repository, co-author files, share folders and work more collaboratively with your team. It's a new way to work and ICT is here to help.
What Collaboration Tools are Available?
Microsoft Teams (available by request)
Yammer (available now on O365)
OneDrive for Business (available now on O365)
OneNote (available now on O365)
Confluence (available by request)
Skype for Business (available)
For more information about Collaborative Tools at JCU, these quick guides are a great place to start.
- Microsoft Teams (Available by request)
- Yammer (O365)
- OneDrive for Business (O365)
- OneNote (O365)
- Confluence (Available by request)
- Zoom (Available)
- Skype for Business (Available)
If you need more information Lynda.com has additional training resources available.
What Tool is Suitable?
What does your team hope to achieve or improve by using collaboration tools and what benefits would you like to see?
If you need help deciding which tool is right for your team refer to the Collaboration Tools Feature Matrix. Each collaboration tool has different features with different business benefits. Choose the tool that is right for you.
The JCU Collaboration Tools and Scenarios may also help to explain in what situation each tool may be appropriate.
Please discuss the options available with ICT Services and Support staff if you have any questions.
How To Request a Collaboration Space
To apply for a collaboration space at JCU:
- Log a job via JCU ServiceNow to request a Collaboration Space.
- Familiarise yourself with the available tools in the Collaboration Tools Feature Matrix.
- An IT Service Delivery team member will contact you to discuss your business requirements and assess the appropriate tool/s to help you achieve the best outcome.
JCU Staff User Experience
Please log a job via JCU ServiceNow and one of our friendly ICT Services and Support Staff can provide further assistance.