Before a student can commence a clinical placement in a QLD Health facility, the following mandatory requirements must be completed and evidence submitted to the Professional Placement Unit.
Document Requirements - please note that these forms can be filled out electronically but will need to be printed before signing.
- In preparation for your placement students are required to complete (where applicable), review and be familiar with the QLD Health Placement Orientation Requirements. Once you've read and understood the requirements you must complete the Student Orientation Checklist form.
- Tick every box to acknowledge that you have read and understood the possible placement requirements.
- Please record your immunisation dates where possible.
- The Student Deed Poll must be read and then signed in front of a witness.
- Please remember to add James Cook University and the University's ABN 46 253 211 955 at the top of page 1.
Online Learning Modules and Allied Health modules
Prior to commencing a placement, you are required to access the QLD Health iLearn online learning system and register as a student. Please note that when you commence the registration process you will be taken to a Frequently Asked Questions page, take a moment to read over the instructions for completing the student registration process. Q Health recommends you use the Firefox browser.
Student Registrations are processed Monday to Friday and you will receive an email once your registration is complete.
Once you are registered and receive the login details you are required to enrol into the Clinical Student Placement Program and complete the modules listed within the program applicable to you.
- Clinical Placement Student Orientation Course - this course covers student placement requirements.
- Student Allied Health ieMR WBT
- Health Safety and Wellbeing Induction - approx. 20 minutes to complete
- Building Emergency Procedures - First Response Evacuation Instructions - approx. 30 minutes to complete
- Occupational Violence Prevention Fundamental - approx. 20 minutes to complete
- Prevention and Management of Musculoskeletal Disorders (MSD) - approx. 30 minutes to complete
- Code of Conduct - approx. 20 minutes to complete
On completion of each module, please print the applicable certificate and file this in your placement portfolio. You may be asked to show this evidence while on placement.
Allied Health students are also required to complete additional Allied Health Learning Modules and then fill in the Allied Health Evidence Record as evidence of completion.
Please note that once you complete a course, a certificate is generated with the date you completed the course. You are able to redo the course within the same year, BUT your certificate will NOT be updated with the new completion date until the new version of the courses is released each year (usually in mid-December in readiness for the new year).
All three forms (Student Orientation Checklist, QLD Health Deed Poll and the Allied Health Evidence Record) should then be scanned and emailed to the Professional Placement Unit. Please ensure you include all pages of each document and label each document clearly. The originals should be filed in your placement portfolio.
Students are encouraged to visit the QLD Health Clinical Placement webpage to access more information on placements in QLD Health facilities.