Current Students Enrolment Change course (Variation to Study)

Apply now

Change course (Variation to Study)

If you have completed subjects under your current admitted course, you may be eligible to apply for a course transfer.

Ineligible courses for Course transfer

Please refer to the process here.

Please follow the steps below unless you are:

  • are a new domestic student and have not yet studied any subjects (use the change of preference form)
  • are looking to study a subsequent or concurrent degree (complete an Application to study at JCU form)
  • are seeking to study Honours (speak to your course coordinator)
  • are a JCU Brisbane or JCU Singapore student (contact your respective enrolment team)

Step 1 – Choose your course

Go to the JCU Course and Subject Handbook to browse courses.

Step 2 – Meet application eligibility criteria and course requirements

  • Ensure you do not have any outstanding Sanctions in place that prevent enrolments of subjects;
  • Ensure you meet the Course and Subject Handbook Requirements for the new course;
  • International sponsored students must have permission from their sponsor to transfer courses

Step 3 – Complete forms

Complete the Variation to Study application.

If you have completed study at another tertiary institution and are seeking credit towards your new course please complete an Application for Credit.

Closing dates for applications are listed on the Academic Calendars.

We will endeavour to email your JCU student account with an outcome within 20 University working days of receipt of a complete application. Some application outcomes may take longer.

If you are unsuccessful, you will remain admitted to your current course.

If you are successful, once you are admitted into the course you are transferring to you will be automatically withdrawn from your current course (pending outstanding results). We recommend you read the Course Transfer Procedure which includes further information around the assessment of an application.

More questions?

For further information, visit Ask Us – there are more than 1,000 commonly asked questions and answers available 24/7.

Useful links