Change course (Variation to Study)
- Future Students
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Learning in a Virtual Environment
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- This is Uni
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
If you are currently admitted to a course and have completed subjects under your course, you may be eligible to apply for a course transfer.
Who cannot apply to course transfer?
If you wish to change to one of the following courses you must apply through Division of Tropical Health and Medicine Change Course form.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery
- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Health Science (Physician Assistant)
- Bachelor of Nursing and Midwifery, or
- Bachelor of Veterinary Science
If you wish to transfer to a course not listed above and:
- are a new domestic student and have not yet studied any subjects, please use the change of preference form.
- are looking to study a subsequent or concurrent degree complete an Application to study at JCU form
- are seeking to study Honours, speak to your course coordinator.
If you are a JCU Brisbane or JCU Singapore student, please contact you respective enrolment team.
For any other student please follow the steps below.
Steps to apply
Step 1 – Choose your course
Go to the JCU Course and Subject Handbook to browse courses.
Step 2 – Meet application eligibility criteria and course requirements
- Have no outstanding Sanctions in place that prevent enrolments of subjects;
- International sponsored students must have permission from their sponsor to transfer courses;
- Have met the Course and Subject Handbook Requirements for the new course
Step 3 – Complete forms
Complete the Variation to Study application.
If you have completed study at another tertiary institution and are seeking credit towards your new course please complete an Application for Credit.
Closing dates for applications are listed under Important Dates.
When will you hear back
We will endeavour to email your JCU student account with an outcome within 20 University working days of receipt of a complete application. Some application outcomes may take longer.
If you are unsuccessful, you will remain admitted to your current course.
If you are successful, once you are admitted into the course you are transferring to you will be automatically withdrawn from your current course. We recommend you read the Course Transfer Procedure which includes further information around the assessment of an application.
For further information, visit Ask Us – there are more than 1,000 commonly asked questions and answers available 24/7.
Top course transfer questions include:
- How are course transfer applications assessed?
- If I change courses, do I need to fill out a new Commonwealth assistance form?
- What happens to my current enrolment if I receive a course transfer?
- Can I apply for a course transfer if the program does not offer mid-year intake?