Current Students Forms
- Future Students
- JCU Student Contract – Terms and Conditions
- Townsville and Cairns medical services
- Student Membership and Representation Opportunities’
- Student Support
- Academic Support
- Student Mentor Program
- Student Travel
- ICT Services
- Ask Us
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Taking Online Exams
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Learning in a Virtual Environment
- Learning Online
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- MACRO New
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Tropical Queensland Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Most of our forms are in Adobe Acrobat format (file extension .pdf). To view them, you need the free Acrobat Reader software, which is available for Macintosh and Windows platforms.
Contact the Student Centre if you are not sure what form you should be filling out. Remember, when you are completing an application form make sure you read the form properly, fill out all sections, include any supporting documents (certified if requested) and submit it to the address indicated on the form.
If you are requesting documents to be sent internationally, please check the Australia Post website for information as there are some mail delays due to the COVID-19 situation globally.
For information about obtaining an academic record, go to academic records. This page details how to the request your record, the cost and the processing times.
- Formal Review of Final Subject Result Application
- Appeal of Final Subject Result Application
- Formal Review of Academic Progression Outcome Application
- Appeal of Academic Progression Outcome Application
- Formal Review Application under the Student Review and Appeal Procedure (General)
- Student Appeal Application (General)
Apply to study
For information about applying to study, visit our Apply to JCU website.
- Application to study at JCU
- Enhanced study for exceptional secondary school students
- Academic referee's report
- Home Institution Approval for Cross Institutional Study at JCU
- Additional Supporting Documentation Required
Go to our website for more information transferring campus or to participate in the inter-campus mobility program.
For information about enrolling, returning to study, course transfers, credit for previous study and taking a break from studies, see our enrolment website.
- Application for Credit
- Course transfer (undergraduate and postgraduate)
- Leave of absence
- Outbound cross institutional study
- Return to study
- Withdraw from your course
- Course Maximum Time Extension Application
Exams, results and academic progression
- Online Content Query/Incident Form
- Defer an examination (Student login required)
- Medical Certificate Template for deferred exam
- Special consideration
- Statutory Declaration
- Verify JCU Documents
- Request to Change Result Type for Teaching Period 1 2020 only
- Request for GPA Indicative Letter of Advice
Notification of Extenuating Circumstances
Please note that this form only applies to students studying in Study Period 10 & 11 2020.
The Notification of Extenuating Circumstances form can be used as supporting documentation in addition or in place of other evidence (like a medical certificate and/or letter from a health professional (including mental health practitioners) which may have been required in the past. Students must attach their Notification of Extenuating Circumstances receipt to applications for assessment extensions; missed attendance at a compulsory class; deferred exam applications; special consideration requests and withdrawal without financial and/or academic penalty
This form does not replace the application process relevant to your circumstances and is not a guarantee your application will be successful.
Once you have completed the form, you will receive an email copy which you will need to attach, along with and any other relevant evidence to your application for:
- Missed compulsory classes
- Assessment extensions
- Special Consideration
- Deferred Exams
- Withdrawal without Financial and/or Academic Penalty
Fees and financial support
For information about fees, refunds, withdrawals and student loans, visit our fees and financial support website.
- Application for Withdrawal without Financial and Academic Penalty due to Special Circumstances
- Application for Refund of Overpayment or Credit Balance.
- If you know your JCU login please click on the above link to access the secure online form.
- If you do not remember your JCU login details, please contact the Student IT Helpdesk on +61 7 4781 5500.
- If you require further assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- OS-HELP Loan Application
For more information about graduation and hiring an academic dress visit the graduation website.
- Application for Australian Higher Education Graduation Statement
- Academic Dress Hire
- Request for a replacement JCU award (certificate/testamur)
For more information about international student support visit the International Students website.
Personal details and student ID cards
Student feedback and complaints
More information about submitting feedback, including a range of different channels, and the process for submitting both informal and formal complaints is available on the feedback and complaints website.
If you are unable to use the online form, please download one of the fillable PDF versions - ensuring you save it prior to completing.
JCU will meet certain costs relating to approved University related travel by enrolled students of the University. Approval for incurring these costs can only be given by the relevant financial delegate.
Higher Degree and Final Year Honours Students
Higher degree and final year Honours students proposing to embark on University travel must have a travel request raised within the Travel Expense Management System and travel booked using the Travel Management Company. Students are entitled to claim approved ‘reasonable’ actual travel expenses or travel allowances for the period spent on official University business.
Postgraduate students proposing to embark on University travel must have a travel request raised within the Travel Expense Management System and travel booked using the Travel Management Company. Postgraduate Students are entitled to claim approved 'reasonable' actual travel expenses or travel allowances for the period spent on official University business. Postgraduate students may be eligible to apply for a JCU Corporate Credit Card for the payment of expenses incurred while travelling.
Individual Organisational Units (ORGUs) may meet the cost of transport for other enrolled students attending compulsory excursions or camps that are prescribed as an integral part of a course of study. Students who are required to travel away from their home Campus must have a travel request raised within the Concur Travel Expense Management System and travel booked using the Travel Management Company.
All students should read and abide by the JCU Travel website guidelines, policies and procedures when planning, booking and undertaking University related travel (login required).