Current Students ChemWatch
ChemWatch Chemgold III
- Future Students
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
If you are a student, login to Students Online to access ChemWatch
If you are a staff member, login to Staff Online to access ChemWatch
Contact email@example.com for assistance.
What is ChemWatch?
To meet its legal obligations with respect to the complex task of storing and using chemicals, JCU uses the ChemWatch GoldFFX Chemical Management System, a risk management tool and database.
ChemWatch holds safety data sheets (SDS) plus toxicological and physical information about thousands of chemical products, such as solvents, paints, glues, thinners, cutting oils and fluids, cleaning chemicals and photographic chemicals.
The system allows easy searching of chemicals by chemical or trade names, universal numbering as well as our own stock names or numbers if applicable. This information is displayed in an SDS.
Users may also generate labels with the legally required safety information for decanted substances, and create and store lists of hazardous substances and dangerous goods in their work area.
Chemwatch provides emergency information at the touch of a button which includes vital first aid action, spill and containment information as well as firefighting requirements. It also includes a range of customised reports (e.g. Mini MSDSs, Labels, Emergency Documents, etc.) providing relevant safety information in a convenient and easily interpreted format.
Electronic inventories can be established and managed in the Chemwatch database. Chemwatch can then provide information on volume, any required signage and segregation information. This information is used to fulfil legal obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act 2011.