Current Students Enrolment Transfer campus (Variation to Study)

Transfer campus (Variation to Study)

If you are considering studying at another JCU location, you may be eligible to campus transfer. Please refer to JCU's Enrolment Policy – Coursework Students.

Domestic students who would like to transfer campus from either Townsville or Cairns to either Brisbane or Singapore, and all JCU Australia students wishing to transfer campuses must complete a Variation to study application.

For Domestic students, a formal campus transfer is not required if you are changing locations between Cairns and Townsville campuses.  However, you need to ensure the course and subjects required to complete your course, are offered at the campus you will be attending in the future. To check which courses may be on offer to you, visit Courses and Study.

If you are an Australian citizen, permanent resident, New Zealand citizen or humanitarian visa holder you will not be eligible for Commonwealth support if you apply to the Singapore or Brisbane campuses (Commonwealth supported places are not offered at these campuses). You will have to pay the full tuition fee amount.

If you:

  • are a new undergraduate student and are changing preference, please use the change of preference form.
  • are looking to study a subsequent or concurrent degree complete an Application to study at JCU form
  • are seeking to study Honours, you should speak to your course coordinator.

Students with JCU Brisbane or JCU Singapore, please contact your respective Enrolment Teams to discuss changing your campus.

If you wish to transfer campus, complete the Variation to Study application.

Closing dates for applications are listed under Important Dates.

We will email your JCU student account with an outcome within 20 University working days of receipt of application.

If you are unsuccessful, you will remain admitted at your current campus and receive email notification.

Further information

For further information, visit Ask Us – there are more than 1,000 commonly asked questions and answers available 24/7.

Top campus transfer questions include:

Related links