- Future Students
- Current Students
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Student IT Essentials
- Staff IT Essentials
- Help and Support
- Stay Informed
- Choosing a strong Password
- Data Protection
- Device Security
- Email Safety
- Online Security at Home
- Web Safety
- Malware and Virus Protection
- Keep a clean device
- Protect myself from phishing
- Recover a hacked or compromised account
- Protect your digital reputation
- Report a cybersecurity incident
- Password Manager
- IT Service Catalog
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Zoom is a Virtual Meeting Room (VMR) and software video conferencing platform used at JCU to enhance staff communication and collaboration.
License, Installation and Support
Zoom accounts are provided to all current staff and students, all you need to do is log in with your JCU Username and password.
- What do I need to use Zoom?
- Installing Zoom on Staff computers
- Installing Zoom on Personal computers and mobile devices
If you need any help in getting Zoom up and running on your work or personal computer, please contact the IT Help Desk.
Zoom user assistance is provided by the Videoconference and Audio Visual Services team (VAVS) Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 4781 4643 (Townsville) or 4232 1700 (Cairns) for assistance.
- How do I invite people to a Zoom meeting using Outlook?
- Can I used Zoom to communicate with Students?At JCU, Blackboard Collaborate is the supported web conferencing platform for teaching purposes. Zoom should not be used for teaching or communicating with students.
- How do I schedule a Zoom meeting online?
- I'm a PA how do I schedule a Zoom meeting for someone else?
- How to use Zoom for on-campus meetings for staff?
- How do I request Zoom in a Video Conference Room?
- I have a personal Cisco office system, how do I use this with Zoom?
- How do I record a Zoom meeting?
- How do I share my screen in Zoom?
- How do I end or leave a Zoom meeting?
Please Note: MediaSite is the University's centrally supported enterprise recording system and is the preferred option for recording teaching content, only record non-teaching content using Zoom.
How to run a successful Zoom video conference
Security & privacy
- How do I secure my Zoom meeting to unauthorized participants (Zoombombing)?
- How do I use the Zoom Waiting Room?
- How do I change the security settings for an existing Zoom meeting?
For more information please refer to the Videoconferencing section of the JCU Knowledgebase or the Zoom Online Support page.