Transfer to a Commonwealth supported place

Students Fees and Financial Support Transfer to a Commonwealth supported place

Only eligible postgraduate students who are an Australian citizen, permanent humanitarian visa holder, New Zealand citizen or permanent resident may apply to transfer to a Commonwealth supported place.

The Australian Government is proposing changes to Higher Education from 1 January 2018 and to the test for Australian Citizenship (for applications made after 20 April 2017). To find out how these changes may affect you if the legislation is passed, refer to the StudyAssist and The Department of Immigration and Border Protection websites.

Follow these three easy steps

STEP 1: Check your course is Commonwealth supported.

STEP 2: Email from your JCU email address. Include the following in your email:

  • Your name

  • Student ID number

  • Course name and code

  • The statement "I wish to transfer to a Commonwealth supported place in this course."

STEP 3: Login to eStudent. Click on 'My Commonwealth Assistance' tab. Complete and submit a 'Request for Commonwealth support and HECS-HELP' form.

Confirmation of your change of enrolment will be emailed to you and will take effect from the next census date. Ensure your request is submitted before the census date to avoid being charged as a tuition fee paying student.

If you have any further queries, please contact the Student Centre.

Related links

Domestic Tuition Fee Policy
Tuition fee paying VS Commonwealth supported postgraduate students
Commonwealth supported and HECS-HELP students