Blackboard Collaborate Ultra
A real-time virtual classroom and web conferencing tool that lets you add files, share applications, and use a virtual whiteboard to interact.
- Join sessions quickly - Collaborate Ultra will open right in your browser to join a session (no other software needed).Chrome is our recommended web browser, to take full advantage of Collaborate Ultra.
- Enjoy a modern aesthetic - A contemporary and intuitive interface gives a clutter-free experience that puts everything at your fingertips.
- Focus on teaching - The new interface is easy to use so you can focus on teaching.
Students can access Collaborate sessions from within a LearnJCU subject site on desktop or device.
What you will need to use Collaborate Ultra
- Internet access (Broadband internet speed recommended)
- Web browser (Chrome recommended)
- Headphones/speakers and microphone
- Webcam or inbuilt camera (if using video)
- Review the advice on Get Started with Collaborate in Blackboard Help.
Take Collaborate Ultra for a test-run
Check out a Collaborate Virtual Classroom as either a Moderator or a Student
- Practice classroom as a moderator - As a moderator you can practise uploading your lecture notes and handouts, using the whiteboard area or sharing your applications.
- Practice classroom as a student - As a student, you can see how the collaboration tools work from a student perspective.