Completing your Application Requirements
- Future Students
- JCU Student Contract – Terms and Conditions
- Townsville and Cairns medical services
- Student Membership and Representation Opportunities’
- Student Support
- Academic Support
- Student Mentor Program
- Student Travel
- ICT Services
- Ask Us
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Taking Online Exams
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Learning in a Virtual Environment
- Learning Online
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTD
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Completing your Application Requirements
Application requirements are additional questions the university requires you to answer in order for your application to be assessed. Depending on your circumstances this may be supporting documentation (e.g. For your existing qualification or visa information) or specific questions that require answers (e.g. Questions about English language proficiency or the applicants Major choice)
If the application requirement is mandatory it will have an asterisk alongside of the requirement or the application requirement will indicate that “at least one document must be provided”
Mandatory requirements must be completed before the applicant is able to “Save and Continue” with the application.
Some application requirements only require a single response which can be selected from a drop down box.
Some application requirements may require the applicant to respond more than once to an applicant requirement according to their answer to the first question.
EXAMPLE: Requirements: Incomplete Research Degree
If the answer to is “YES” then further questions are asked.
When a response is entered the requirement will momentarily disappear. Further responses cannot be entered until the requirement reappears showing the response. The curser will indicate the progress.
Each further requirement is to be entered in the same manner making sure that the response is shown before moving to the next question.
Amending a response
To change your response click on the drop down box and make a new selection. A warning message will appear asking if you want to save or cancel the new selection. Click the “Save” Button to confirm your answer.
For some Application Requirements you will be asked to provide supporting documentation.
There are two variations as detailed below:
Upload allowed but a hard copy document is also required.
You can upload documents that will assist in the assessment of your application; however you are still required to submit a hard copy. This is often needed prior to any offer being made, thus you should lodge this hard copy document as soon possible. Don’t forget to print a Cover Sheet to lodge with any hard copy documents.
Upload allowed and hard copy not required
You can upload your documents and are not required to provide a hard copy unless requested by JCU. Alternatively you can send hard copies of your documents if this suits your needs. Don’t forget to print a Cover Sheet to lodge with any hard copy documents.
You can upload more than one document for any application requirement.
Click on the Upload a new file
Use the Browse button to locate your document. Depending on your internet browser, you may need to select Choose File instead.
Once you have located the document ensure you select Upload File(s). You will note that you cannot load any files in subsequent requirements until you have finished loading the file you are working on.
If you have multiple documents for the same requirement, click the “Add Another” button. Once all files have been entered click the upload button.
An application can be cancelled or withdraw by the applicant from the application requirements page.
Click on the cancel button and confirming the cancellation button when warning message appears.
If you have Entered a response or have clicked on the Save button, the withdraw button will be available. Click the withdraw button and then the “confirm withdraw” button when the warning message appears.
When you finalise the application requirements ensure you select the Save button prior to selecting Save & Continue.
Once the Save & continue button is clicked the applicant should be taken to the Confirmation page. If you are not progressed to the next page check the Information at the top of the page as there may still be some outstanding requirements.