Current Students Enrolment eStudent Online Help My Scholarship Applications
My Scholarship Applications
- Aboriginals and Torres Strait Islanders in Marine Science
- Future Students
- Enrol online
- New students enrol
- Course Enrolment Planners
- Change course (Variation to Study)
- Return to study (Variation to Study)
- Transfer campus (Variation to Study)
- Withdraw from subjects or your course
- Applying for Credit
- Student Centre and Enrolment Team Contacts
- Enrolment Terminology
- Class Registration
Fees & Financial Support
- Domestic undergraduate subject fees
- Financial support
- Defer your fees
- Pay your fees
- Student Services and Amenities Fee (SSA Fee)
- Postgraduate subject fees
- Refunds and withdrawal under special circumstances
- Penalties for unpaid fees and late withdrawals
- Incidental & Administration Fees
- Eligibility Conditions for Commonwealth Assistance
- Unique Student Identifier (USI)
- Assessment and results
- Academic Calendars
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Taking Online Exams
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Bookings (Peer Advisor)
- Learning in a Virtual Environment
- Learning Online
- Orientation for Intensive Courses
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Reputation and Experience
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- JCU Aquaculture Solutions
- AusAsian Mental Health Research Group
- Area 61
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- JCU-CSIRO Partnership
- Employability Edge
- Career Ready Plan
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- WHOCC for N&M Education and Research
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Centre for Disaster Solutions
- Cyclone Testing Station
- The Centre for Disaster Studies
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Research Division
- Services and Resources Division
- Education Division
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Financial and Business Services Office
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Engagement
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- Inherent Requirements
- IsoTropics Geochemistry Lab
- IT Services
- International Schools
- International Students
- JCU Connect
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Events
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Ideas Lab
- JCU Job Ready
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- JCU Turtle Health Research
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Mabo Decision: 30 years on
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Virtual Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to university
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Contextual Science for Tropical Coastal Ecosystems
- State of the Tropics
- Strategic Procurement
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- Student profiles
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
JCU has a variety of scholarships on offer that can provide you with financial assistance. The full range of available scholarships can be found on the Scholarships, Bursaries and Grants. This page will cover how to apply for and access scholarships via eStudent.
You can apply for the following scholarships via the My Scholarship Applications tab in eStudent:
Equity Scholarships and Grants (JCU Access Fund)
- JCU Access Scholarship
- JCU Access Bursary
- JCU Support Grant
Competitive Scholarships for Research Students
- Australian Postgraduate Award (APA)
- [email protected] Scholarship
Prospective research students should apply for their research course via the My Course Applications tab prior to submitting a scholarship application.
Follow these steps to apply for a scholarship via eStudent.
- Click on the Apply for Scholarship button (refer to the screenshot below).
- Untick the Eligible Scholarships Only flag, then click on the Search button (scholarships will appear in the grid - you can read the official scholarship description to determine if you are eligible to apply).
- Check details in the Available column (any scholarship that has Open for Application indicates that applications are being accepted).
- Click on the Select button next to the scholarship you wish to apply for (refer to the screenshot below).
- Click on the Apply button next to the scholarship you wish to apply for (refer to screenshot below).
- Click on the Scholarship Application Conditions and Declaration link in the information box (refer to the screenshot below). This page will open in a new web browser tab.
- If you accept the conditions and declaration, click on the eStudent tab in your web browser to return to the Scholarship Application: Change Details page.
- Check the Scholarship Name, Year (of offering) and Period (of offering).The Application Status will remain at Incomplete until the proceeding questions are answered and confirmed (note that the Application Date will default to today's date).
Note: Documents to support your application are to be attached on this page. Read the details of each required document listed in the Supporting Documentation section (make sure you take note of document requirements that are marked as mandatory).
Follow these steps to upload supporting documentation to your scholarship application:
- For each document requirement, indicate if you intend to submit a physical copy of the document in person by clicking on No or Yes in the dropdown box.
Note: JCU prefers documents to be provided electronically (refer to the screenshot below).
- To attach a document, click on the upload a new file link (refer to the screenshot below).
- Click on the Browse button to open your computer’s File Upload window. Find and select the document you wish to attach, and click Open.
Click the Add Another link for each additional file you would like to attach for that particular document requirement (refer to the screenshot below).
- Click the Upload File(s) button to attach the document/s (refer to the screenshot above).
- Files attached successfully will appear as follows with a status of Received. Click on the Delete button if you have attached the wrong file and wish to detach it (refer to the screenshot below).
- Answer the Application Questions by entering text in the requested format, or selecting the appropriate value in the dropdown list (if provided). Remember to attach any supporting documents in the Supporting Documentation section above. Skip the question if it is not applicable to you.
- Click on the Confirm button to save your application (refer to the screenshot below) and agree to the Scholarship Application Conditions and Declaration.
- The following confirmation message will display along with any document details you have advised will be submitted in hard copy (refer to the screenshot below).
- Click on the Return to the Scholarship Application: Summary page button.
- Check the Application Status is displayed as Unassessed for the scholarship you have applied for (refer to the screenshot below).
If the Application Status is Incomplete, the application has not been submitted and will not be assessed. If your intention is to apply for this scholarship, select the Modify button and finalise the application. If you do not intend to apply, select the Withdraw button.
A scholarship application can be cancelled ONLY after selecting a scholarship on the Find a Scholarship page and PRIOR to selecting a scholarship round on the Select Scholarship Round page.
Once you have clicked on the Apply button on the Select Scholarship Round page, the scholarship application cannot be cancelled; however it can be withdrawn.
To cancel a scholarship application, and return to the Scholarship Application: Summary page, click on the Cancel button (refer to the screenshot below).
You can view, modify or withdraw any of your scholarship applications via the My Scholarship Applications tab. From the Scholarship Application: Summary page, click on the View, Modify or Withdraw button next to the scholarship application (refer to the screenshot below).
If the View button is selected, details of the scholarship application will be displayed. The buttons on the bottom of the Scholarship Application: View Details page allow you to:
- Change the details of this Scholarship Application
- Withdraw from the scholarship
- Return to the Scholarships Application: Summary page
If the Modify button is selected, details of the scholarship application will be displayed. Amend any information as required.
The buttons on the bottom of the Scholarship Application: Change Details page allow you to:
- Confirm details of any changes made
- Return to the Scholarships Application: Summary page
- Return to the Find a Scholarship page
If Confirm is selected the following confirmation message will appear:
If the Withdraw button is selected details of the scholarship application will be displayed and you can confirm your withdrawal. Click the Confirm Withdrawal button.
The following confirmation message will appear: