Student Services and Amenities Fee - HDR Students
- Future Students
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
How is the fee calculated for HDR candidates?
The SSA Fee is calculated on the basis of EFTSL consumed. In 2020 this will be charged at the rate of $184.80 for each 0.5 EFTSL consumed, to a maximum of $308 for the year.
The SSA Fee is charged twice a year, based on the two study periods for HDR candidates (study period 1 is from 1 January to 30 June, study period 2 is from 1 July to 31 December).
A HDR candidate enrolled full-time in their degree will consume 1 EFTSL (Equivalent Full Time Student Load) per year.
A HDR candidate enrolled full-time for the full year in 2020 will accumulate an SSA Fee of $184.80 in study period 1 (0.5 EFTSL consumed), and $123.20 in study period 2. This brings it to the maximum of $308 for the 2020 year.
A part-time candidate consumes 0.5 EFTSL per year. The cost for a HDR candidate enrolled part-time (50% full time study load) in 2020 will be $92.40 in study period 1, and $92.40 in study period 2.
If you withdraw from your candidature, take a leave of absence or submit your thesis for examination, the SSA Fee for that study period will be recalculated based on the date the change became effective. Therefore, if you are not enrolled for the full study period, your fee will be recalculated.
For more information call the Student Centre on 1800 246 446 or email us at email@example.com.