Student ID card
- Future Students
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Every JCU student will be issued a student ID card. This card is proof that you are a JCU student and provides you with essential access to services on campus and discounts off campus.
- Borrow books from the library
- Print and copy on campus
- Proof of ID when talking to Student Centre staff
- Compulsory for attending exams
- Access to buildings and computer labs
- Discounted rates for public transport (SunBus, ferries)
- Cheap entry into some clubs, events and venues
- Discounted rates for movies
- Deals for computers at some electronic stores (e.g. Apple and Dell)
New students – how to apply
When and where?
On and off campus students can order their JCU student ID card online by logging in with their JC number and password and uploading their own photo.
Students will receive an email once their photo has been approved and their ID is ready for collection at the Student Centre or posted to a nominated postal address in eStudent (external students only). It is recommended that students order their ID card as soon as they have enrolled.
Make sure your photo is only of you and meets the below requirements:
- Clear, focused image with no marks or “red eye”;
- White or light-coloured background that contrasts with the face;
- Face looking directly at the camera and not tilted in any direction;
- Eyes open with either a neutral expression or natural smile.
What do I need?
To obtain your JCU student ID card you will need:
- To be enrolled in at least one subject
- Have photo identification when collecting your ID Card (e.g. driver's licence or passport)
- Your eight digit JCU student ID number. It can be found by logging into StudentsOnline (located in top left-hand corner), on your offer email, or your Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) if you are an international student.
Clinical ID cards
Go to the Student Centre to receive a replacement card.
Cost (initial issue): $15
Replacement card: $5
You can receive replacement cards by completing the online ID Card Replacement form. These include:
- Damaged cards. Cost: $15
- Lost cards. Cost: $15
- Expired or updated details. Cost: Free
- This includes if you have changed to part-time or full-time, your name has changed, incorrect details are displayed or your card expired.
They can be collected from your desired Student Centre or posted to a nominated address.
Go to Ask Us – there are more than 800 commonly asked questions and answers available 24/7. The top student ID questions include: