Once you’ve enrolled, plan your class timetable by going to the Timetable website and use a timetable planner to map out your timetable before registering for your classes in eStudent.
Then, follow the instructions below to register for your classes and print a personalised class timetable for your subjects.
Who does the class registration process apply to?
Students studying on-campus in Townsville, Cairns, Mt Isa, Mackay and Thursday Island.
- Medicine students do not need to register for classes.
- Pharmacy and Physiotherapy students - class registration for your core subjects is managed by your College. You will still need to register for any electives separately.
- Students on the intercampus mobility program from Singapore - contact your Divisional Enrolment Team to enrol and register for classes.
How to register for classes
- Select the 'My Timetable' tab in eStudent. The subjects you have enrolled in will be displayed, along with their class registration status. For classes with no choice (e.g. a single lecture that everyone should attend), you’ll automatically be registered into that class. Each subject will have a registration status beside it:
- Red circle: you are not yet registered for any classes for that subject.
- Yellow circle: you have registered for some but not all classes
- Green circle: you have registered in all classes for that subject.
- For subjects with multiple classes available (e.g. tutorials), you’ll need to select your preferred class. Use the ‘Register’ or ‘Change’ button to register into classes.
Click on the class you want, (make sure a green plus symbol appears), then click Save.
Repeat until the registration status for all subjects display the 'all classes registered' message.
- Printing your timetable
You can print your timetable by selecting the Print button at the top of your timetable grid. For help, see printing a timetable
If there are no places are left in any of the class options, and a wait list is available (indicated by a grey clock), you can select to be on the wait list for that class. You will be contacted to confirm your place if a space becomes available.
If all of the classes are showing as full and there is no wait list, you should contact the Student Centre.
If you have a timetable clash between a core and an elective subject, you will need to choose an alternate elective. If you have a clash between two core subjects, please contact the Student Centre.
If you withdraw from a subject, eStudent will automatically de-register you for any classes for that subject.
For more information and troubleshooting, refer to eStudent online help.
Class registration schedule
Opening dates and times for class registration are staggered according to study periods and Colleges. Look for your College and subject disciplines or subject code in the schedule below.
|Now open for class registration||Closing date|
|Study Period 6, 2017 undergraduate and postgraduate subjects||18 June 2017|
Study Period 2, 2017
|College||Subject Code||Opening date/time||Closing date/time|
|College of Healthcare Sciences||NS3226|
|15 May, 10.30 am||External: |
16 June, 4 pm
23 June, 4 pm
Study Period 7, 2017
|College||Subject code||Opening date/time||Closing date|
|All Colleges||n/a||15 May, 10.30 am||2 July 2017|
Registering for classes - detailed instructions and troubleshooting
How do I register for classes?
What if my preferred class is full?
What does it mean if eStudent says my class registration is closed?
How do I change my registered class to another time if class registration is closed?