Registering for classes
- Future Students
- JCU Student Contract – Terms and Conditions
- Townsville and Cairns medical services
- Student Membership and Representation Opportunities’
- Student Support
- Academic Support
- Student Mentor Program
- Student Travel
- ICT Services
- Ask Us
- Fees & Financial Support
- Assessment and Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Taking Online Exams
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Learning in a Virtual Environment
- Learning Online
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Agriculture Technology and Adoption Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Prawn Breeding Research Hub
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian/NZ Students
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Boating and Diving
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Cyclone Testing Station
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Discover Nature at JCU
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Staff Intranet
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Gender Equity Action and Research
- Give to JCU
- Information for JCU Cairns Graduates
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- Information for Agents
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Connect
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Motorsports
- JCU Prizes
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Office of the Provost
- Office of the Vice Chancellor and President
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Queensland Research Centre for Peripheral Vascular Disease
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- Researcher Development Portal
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Strategic Procure to Pay
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- TQ Maths Hub
- Unicare Centre and Unicampus Kids
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Register for Classes
Register - how to register for your classes
Printing - how to print your timetable
Multiple From Dates - classes with week by week changes
Full Classes – No Waiting List - classes with no waiting list availability
Full Classes - Waiting List - classes with a waiting list availability
Closed Classes - unreleased, closed or unavailable classes. Click here for class registration opening schedule
Streamed Classes - classes that are joined
Reserved Places - classes that are unavailable
A list of subjects that you are currently enrolled in will be displayed. Select the study period you wish to class register for from the drop-down and click Refresh to display subjects for different study periods. You may find that you are already registered into classes where there is no option. Each subject will have a registration status beside it:
- Red circle: You are not yet registered for any classes for that subject
- Yellow circle: You have registered for some but not all classes
- Green circle: You have registered in all classes for that subject
Click on the Register into all single class activities button. This will check that you are registered into all classes with no choices.
Click on the Register or Change button next to the subject information to select classes where a choice exists, e.g. tutorials.
To register for a class, click on it (make sure a green plus symbol appears), then click Save.
Repeat until all registration statuses display the 'All Classes Registered' message.
TIP: You can hide full classes by clicking on the Hide Full Classes button above the timetable grid. You will still see classes that you are waitlisted in or registered in.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have correctly registered in all classes relevant to your enrolment.
If you wish to change a class you have registered for, you can swap classes by clicking Change for the selected subject.
In some cases you will see a class with more than one 'From' date. This means the class is not run each week and breaks exist in the timetable.
In the Week Starting field enter the first From Date of the class and click on Refresh.
The timetable grid will indicate all classes for the date selected and you can then use the Back and Forward arrows to view other weeks.
Full Classes – No Waiting List
If a class is full and there is no waiting list available, the class will display an Unavailable? Link. Hover over the link and a message will be displayed.
- Select an alternate class that is not full for the particular activity.
- If no alternate classes are available or suitable for you, you may need to change your subject enrolment if this class is for an elective subject.
- If you cannot change your enrolment please contact the Student Centre - Cairns or Townsville for further assistance.
Full Classes - Waiting List
If classes are full you may be able to place yourself on a waiting list. The class will display a small grey clock icon on the class.
You can select a class and be added to the wait list. Click on the clock icon and then click Save.
You can see the status (i.e. position number) of your wait list on the subject class registration grid.
You will be contacted as soon as possible to resolve your wait list.
If classes are closed in eStudent you will receive the following message if attempting to register:
Classes may be closed because:
- The opening date for class registration has not yet occurred. Click HERE to see the opening dates for class registration.
- The closing date for class registration has occurred. This will generally be the end of the second week of your study period. Click HERE to see the opening dates for class registration. Contact the Student Centre for any registration changes.
- Your classes do not allow self-registration. For students studying Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Science or Pharmacy, your class registrations for core subjects will be managed by your College. All you need to do is enrol in your subjects in eStudent. However, you will still need to register in classes for elective subjects separately. You should contact your college if you need to make any changes to your class registration for core subjects.
Streamed classes are two or more classes connected together. Selecting a stream will register you into all classes associated with that stream.
If your subject has class streams, the class will have a 'chain link' icon in the top right corner of the class on the timetable grid.
Click the tickbox next to the stream you want to register in from the list of streams that appear on the left of the timetable grid.
The classes included in the stream will be highlighted.
If '+ More Info' appears below a class type, click the + to see the 'Activity Comments'.
When attempting to register for a class you may receive a message advising that you are not eligible for a place in the class. Please contact Student Centre - Cairns or Townsville for further assistance.