Current Students Forms AAS Course Variation Request

AAS Course Variation Request

Complete this form to request an extension or suspension to your current Scholarship.

Personal Details
Current Scholarship End Date
Expected New Scholarship End Date
(e.g. medical certificate; counsellor letter; internal academic record)
Requested Suspension Start Date
Requested Suspension End Date *
(e.g. medical certificate; counsellor letter)
Declaration - AAS Course Variation Request *
  • Variation requests must be approved by the Program Area.
  • Variations cannot be approved if applications are submitted after the Scholarship end date.
  • Variations can only be considered on the basis of legitimate reasons, including unforeseen and exceptional circumstances beyond the control of the awardee and the institution.
  • An extension request cannot be considered for a study program that is only one academic year in length.
  • Apart from an Honours year extension, only one extension to a maximum of six months may be approved for the duration of the scholarship.
  • An extension request can only be considered where students are in the second or subsequent year of their course; they are expected to complete the course as a result of the extension; and an intervention strategy is in place if required due to subject failures.
  • If a scholarship extension is approved, the student needs to pay for all associated costs for their visa extension.
  • A scholarship may be suspended more than once, but the total period of all suspensions must not exceed 12 months.
  • No contribution to living expenses or other fees/entitlements will be paid for the period of suspension.  OSHC will also be suspended for this period.
  • If an awardee has already been granted an extension of their scholarship, a suspension will not be granted if it will result in additional cost.
  • You must ensure that you have read and understood the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook for full details and comply with the scholarship and its conditions as per your contract with the Commonwealth of Australia.