Submit this form if you are requesting to undertake fieldwork during your Australia Awards Scholarship duration.
In accordance with the AAS Policy Handbook, fieldwork entitlement is available to students enrolled in a Master's by research, a PHD or a Master's by coursework program which has a research component and where fieldwork is a compulsory component.
Supporting statement from your Course Coordinator or Supervisor and any other relevant documentation
- Fieldwork must be undertaken in Australia or the student’s home country. AAS will not cover the costs for fieldwork outside of these locations.
- Fieldwork must be undertaken during the scholarship period and must not result in an extension to the scholarship being required.
- AAS allows for the most direct route and cost effective (discounted/cheapest economy/best fare of the day).
- Stopovers in Australia and/or overseas are not permitted unless there is no direct route.
- Ticket/s issued cannot be varied without the approval of the Academic Administration and Enrolment (AAE) team.
- Once your ticket has been issued, you will be responsible for all costs if you wish to make any approved changes.
- You are responsible for checking that your personal details and booking details are correct.
- AAS does not cover: (1) cost of travel insurance for the loss of any possessions; (2) travel costs of your dependants/family members; (3) cost of transporting personal effects or excess baggage.
- You have read and understand the Australia Awards Scholarships Policy Handbook and understand it is your responsibility to comply with your scholarship conditions, as per your contract with the Commonwealth of Australia.