Commonwealth Assistance Notices (CANs)
- Future Students
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Learning in a Virtual Environment
- Learning Online
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Graduate Research School
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Each study period, JCU will provide you with a Commonwealth Assistance Notice (CAN). This notice details any payments you have made and your HELP debt balance for that study period.
Your CAN is issued for each study period you are enrolled in and can be accessed by Commonwealth supported students within 28 days of each census date.
How do I access my CAN?
Login to eStudent, select the My Documents tab and select Search. Leave the following fields blank before selecting Search Document Name and Study Package.
If you are unable to access your CAN online, please contact the JCU Student Centre.
What should I do when I receive it?
JCU will email all students as a courtesy notice only. You don't need to do anything except check that it is correct.
If you believe it is incorrect, you will have 14 days from when your CAN was issued to notify us by emailing email@example.com.
Does my CAN show my entire HELP debt?
No. Your CAN will only show the current study period, and only your study load at JCU, not your entire HELP debt. For a complete statement of your accumulated HELP debt, contact the Australian Tax Office.