This form was designed for use by:
- Domestic students - Prospective, commencing and continuing students
- International students - International students continuing in the same course. Prospective students should complete and lodge the Application for Admission to JCU as an International Student.
Use our credit calculator to find out what credit you may be able to transfer from previous study to your current course before you complete the below application.
Refer to your Course and Subject Handbook
for Advanced Standing currency time frame.
Find out about Majors and Minors by referring to your Course and Subject Handbook
Please provide the below documents for all subjects you wish to apply for credit. If these documents are not provided it will delay your application.
DOMESTIC APPLICANTS ONLY
Note: Hard-copy original transcripts and degree testamurs from previous studies may be requested at any time as part of the process of verifying the authenticity of any documents provided with an application.
Scanned Document Guidelines:
- Documents must be colour scans of the original - faxed copies, photocopies and certified copies will NOT be accepted
- Documents must be scanned at the original size
- Applicants must ensure no part or pages of the document are missing
- Where a document has stamps, seals or text on both sides of the page then both sides must be scanned
- Scanned documents must be in one of the following formats: .pdf, .jpg, .jpeg, .tif, .bmp, or .png.
Unreadable documents will be required to be submitted which may result in a delay in the application being assessed. If an application is unable to provide their documents electronically, the University will accept a hard-copy original document.
To find equivalent JCU subject, please refer to the Course and Subject Handbook, Subject search and Credit Calculator
Credit for Previous Study
If you have more than 8 subjects you'd like to apply for credit, please email the Enrolment Team with the same details as listed below.
You can choose up to a maximum of eight subjects
Credit for Previous Study 2
Credit for Previous Study 3
Credit for Previous Study 4
Credit for Previous Study 5
Credit for Previous Study 6
Credit for Previous Study 7
Credit for Previous Study 8
Note: If you have more documents to upload that what is provided, please email all to the Enrolment Team.
Bachelor of Social Work/Master of Social Work
Please submit a completed RPL Field Education Portfolio form via Resources for Field Education with your application.
Bachelor of Education
Use th Application for Credit Form if you have studied a previous degree at JCU or another institute. Please note, prior work experience and/or work as a Teacher’s Aide don’t meet professional experience requirements. Credit can only be provided for equivalent supervised professional experience undertaken at another University.
Masters of Guidance & Counselling
Please submit a completed Statement of Service with your application.
Recognised Prior Learning
- Certificates of competency or attendance from industry recognised courses
- Observation of workplace skills and practice by a qualified observer designated by JCU
- Completion of some or all of the assessment requirements (or equivalent) as may be specified by the coordinator of the subject for which credit is sought
- Fully documented portfolio of work completed while practising in industry. The authenticity of all work must be certified in writing by a supervisor or by the person(s) responsible for commissioning the work
- A comprehensive curriculum vitae (CV) accompanied by a Statutory Declaration stating that the information contained in the CV is a true and accurate record of your experience.
- I declare, to the best of my knowledge, that the information and supporting documentation (including academic transcript/s) supplied by me is true, correct and complete in every respect. I acknowledge that JCU reserves the right to reserve or vary any decision regarding admission and/or enrolment made on the basis of false, incorrect, incomplete or misleading information or supporting documentation.
- I authorise James Cook University to obtain further information with respect to my application and, if necessary, seek academic information or transcripts from Australian and international educational institutions. Where necessary, Qualsearch will be engaged to access academic information from Australian educational institutions.
- James Cook University (JCU) is collecting the personal information requested in this form in order to assess your application for credit for previous studies. This personal information may be disclosed to the educational institutions you have attended for verification of your previous studies in order to make an informed decision about the application. This personal information will be dealt with in accordance with the requirements of the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld), will not be disclosed to any other person or agency other than for the purpose stated above, if the disclosure is authorised or required by law or if you have given JCU permission for the information to be disclosed. Your rights to access and amend your personal information are set out in the Information Privacy Act 2009 (Qld) which also places obligations on JCU as to how we handle your personal information.