Help and Resources

Need help?

There are a number of free and confidential services you can seek help from to discuss your complaint and your personal circumstances, or to better understand who to go to with your concerns.

Services and Resources at JCU

JCU Counselling Service – to discuss any issue that is having a negative impact on your studies.

Student Association Student Advocates – provide free, confidential support, independent from the university. They can help you pull together the information you need to support you manage any process within the University.

Discrimination and Harassment Contact Officers – will provide advice about the University’s discrimination and harassment policy and procedures.

Student Complaints and Quality Improvement Unit –if you need advice about the next step to take.

Phone (within Australia): (07) 4232 1397    Phone (outside Australia): +61 7 4232 1397


There are many other support services on offer from JCU - visit our Student Support page to find out more.

Organisations external to JCU

If you remain dissatisfied with the way the University has dealt with your complaint, there are external organisations which may be able to assist. The following complaints handling services provide free and impartial external processes that complainants may choose to access. You may contact these agencies at any time throughout or after the complaint process.

In Singapore, a student may ask for help from the Council for Private Education (CPE) Student Services Centre (SSC), which is part of the Singapore Government’s approved dispute resolution scheme for tertiary education. Please note that after the SSC reviews a complaint, it may refer students to the CPE Mediation – Arbitration Scheme, which may involve a cost to use.