Help and Resources
- Future Students
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Careers and Employability
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- International Students
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Halls of Residence
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- Open Day
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Tropical Sustainable Design Case Studies
- VAVS Home
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
There are a number of free and confidential services you can seek help from to discuss your complaint and your personal circumstances, or to better understand who to go to with your concerns.
Services and resources at JCU
- JCU Counselling Service – to discuss any issue that is having a negative impact on your studies.
- Student Association Student Advocates – provide free, confidential support, independent from the university. They can help you pull together the information you need to support and manage any process within the University.
- Equity Contact Officers - provide information and referral options for both students and staff regarding both informal and formal resolution options.
- Student Complaints and Quality Improvement Unit – if you need advice about the next step to take. Phone (within Australia): (07) 4232 1397, Phone (outside Australia): +61 7 4232 1397. Email: email@example.com
There are many other support services on offer from JCU - visit our Student Support page to find out more.
Organisations external to JCU
If you remain dissatisfied with the way the University has dealt with your complaint, there are external organisations which may be able to assist. The following complaints handling services provide free and impartial external processes that complainants may choose to access. You may contact these agencies at any time throughout or after the complaint process.
- The Queensland Ombudsman has jurisdiction to investigate administrative actions undertaken by Queensland universities. Please note that generally the Ombudsman only investigates claims once all internal appeals processes with the University are determined and internal appeal avenues are exhausted.
- The Anti-Discrimination Commission Queensland can investigate complaints of discrimination.
- The Australian Human Rights Commission can investigate complaints of discrimination and human rights breaches.
- The Queensland Office of Fair Trading
In Singapore, a student may ask for help from the Council for Private Education (CPE) Student Services Centre (SSC), which is part of the Singapore Government’s approved dispute resolution scheme for tertiary education. Please note that after the SSC reviews a complaint, it may refer students to the CPE Mediation – Arbitration Scheme, which may involve a cost to use.