Postgraduate Student Resources
- Future Students
- JCU Student Contract – Terms and Conditions
- Townsville and Cairns medical services
- Student Membership and Representation Opportunities’
- Student Support
- Academic Support
- Student Mentor Program
- Student Travel
- ICT Services
- Ask Us
- Fees & Financial Support
- Exams & Results
- Important Dates
- Student Life
The Learning Centre
- Taking Online Exams
- Services Available
- Getting Started
- Peer Assisted Study Sessions
- Academic Integrity
- Develop Your English
- Maths and Statistics
- Short Courses and Workshops
- Downloads and Module Booklets
- Learning in a Virtual Environment
- Learning Online
- Research and Teaching
- Partners and Community
- About JCU
- Celebrating 50 Years
- Anton Breinl Research Centre
- Living on Campus
- Advanced Analytical Centre
- Applying to JCU
- Australian Lions Stinger Research
- Australian Tropical Herbarium
- Careers at JCU
- Association of Australian University Secretaries
- Careers and Employability
- Australian Quantum & Classical Transport Physics Group
- Centre for International Trade and Business in Asia
- Centre for Tropical Bioinformatics and Molecular Biology
- College of Business, Law and Governance
- College of Healthcare Sciences
- College of Medicine and Dentistry
- College of Science and Engineering
- COVID-19 Advice
- Daintree Rainforest Observatory
- Diploma of Higher Education
- Division of Research and Innovation
- Division of Tropical Environments and Societies
- Division of Tropical Health and Medicine
- Economic Geology Research Centre
- Elite Athletes
- Foundation for Australian Literary Studies
- Give to JCU
- Graduate Research School
- JCU Ideas Lab
- Indigenous Education and Research Centre
- Indigenous Legal Needs Project
- IT Services
- International Students
- JCU College
- JCU Contact Information
- JCU Eduquarium
- JCU Global Experience
- JCU Sport
- Language and Culture Research Centre
- Marine Geophysics Laboratory
- New Students
- Off-Campus Students
- Open Day
- Outstanding Alumni Awards
- Parents and Partners
- Pathways to University
- Planning and Performance
- Planning for your future
- Professional Experience Placement
- Rapid Assessment Unit
- JCU Connect
- Safety and Wellbeing
- Scholarships @ JCU
- Study Now
- Student Equity and Wellbeing
- VAVS Home
- Work Health and Safety
- WHOCC for Vector-borne & NTDs
- Australian Institute of Tropical Health & Medicine
Postgraduate Thesis Writing Group
This group provides an opportunity for:
- Exploring writing styles and techniques
- Discussing theoretical frameworks and thesis arguments
- Sharing bibliographical references, and
- Discussing strategies for completion and what is required in a thesis.
In particular, PhD and Research Masters Students at the chapter-writing stage of thesis completion are encouraged to attend these group workshops, however the group will benefit research students at any level and at any stage of completion.
The aim of the workshops is for postgraduate students to develop an interdisciplinary collegial network and to read and comment on chapter drafts as works in progress. Dates and times of meetings to be advised.
For further information, contact the Graduate Research School Academic Support Coordinator.
Research Skills Program for Research Higher Degree Candidates
Library Searching, Endnote, Writing and Publishing, Presentations, Web Design, Statistics and more. These workshops are held at both Townsville and Cairns.
For further information, visit the Graduate Research School website.
How to Write a Thesis
Download PDF PowerPoint presentation by Dr Jan Wegner.
JCU Student Association
Information, services and support relating to postgraduate study at JCU.
Visit the Student Association website for further information.
Association for Support of Graduate Students
The ASGS is a service organisation for Postgraduate Students.
Their website includes a selection of helpful articles on thesis writing.
fIRST: for Improving Research Supervision and Training
The fIRST website was developed by the fIRST consortium of universities. The members' site provides access to a range of resources which can be used by supervisors, research degree co-ordinators, supervision developers and students from member universities.
Resources available include online activities, workshop guides and resources, tools for use by supervisors and students, bibliographies and links to further supervision resources and information.
To access the fIRST website you will need the University's login name and password. Contact the Graduate Research School to acquire access.